Content moved from gammu.org blog
I started to be more modern and started using Wiki for various tasks. Some words about my current work and plans (something like Weekly Newsletter for ReactOS):
- Wiki on Gammu.net is now splitted into NameSpaces:
- Gammu for Gammu family projects
- GPlus for Gammu+ family projects
- HydePark for various cellular related texts. It will replace Gammu.net HydePark section created in December 2005. I started moving RoadMap 2006 into Wiki. It's almost end (all links will be added during few days).
- Phones for various phone compatibility reports and texts. I will add easy creating links inside from phone database.
- additionaly in main NameSpace I will put various Reports about past, present and future for gammu.net and software. I hope, that Michal Čihař and other people will use it too.
- more NameSpaces will be added on request
- there are still some things ToDo with current wiki:
- creating real section about configuring Gammu (some texts about connection parameters) from main NameSpace texts and other
- moving all Gammu documents from main NameSpace into Gammu NameSpace
- moving Gammu man page content into other Gammu NameSpace documents and removing it
- moving some Gammu FAQ parts into other Gammu NameSpace documents
- cleaning content and rechecking links
- compacting DB
- other gammu.net work:
- removing some grammar mistakes
- moving Michal Čihař's phone db into gammu.net phone database. Users will be able to report compatibility in "old" style + add comments into this wiki.
- making speeches about gammu.net future with donors. There is big hope for better connection/server after April. Current work rather OK, but I need to make backup copies from DB and pages personally.
- I hoped to release new test Gammu during this weekend. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time and this week will be very hard for me. I will try to make release then, but don't promise it in 100%. But don't worry - after 27.01 I will be almost free (or at least I hope it). It was calculated into my plans - ending some past projects and make few new releases in January and February.
I hope, that:
- other people will help especially with point 2 and cleaning this wiki.
- there will created good documentation for Wammu too
And 3 additional notes:
- if this new wiki will be OK for everybody and I will not receive any reports during week (for example, that something is missed), I will finally remove old wiki's (they're hidden, but available).
- current wiki allows for adding users (since December 2005 it was blocked by accident for old wiki's)
- wiki can be used as bug report tool, newsgroup server and other...