GSM

Report 2006-07-17

Content moved from gammu.org blog

Last week wasn't the best for me (when we speak about coding). First - it was horrible hot in Poland, second - I had many tasks, which had to be done first (some repairs, exchanges, making some things, etc.). Happily I have passed everything.

But now it looks, that I have (and will have) things much more stable. I updated gammu.org to MediaWiki 1.7.1, my eyes like much more new screen settings, etc. etc. I decided, that:

Report 2006-07-03

Content moved from gammu.org blog

Another report, where are some private and project things...

Report 2006-06-18

Content moved from gammu.org blog

Well, this report will be rather personal. I write it here, because it's connected with development too...

  • studies: I'm waiting for 2 results, 2 things to write (and pass)
  • work: I should (or rather: I have to) go somewhere to practise. I had company, but this is probably not actual. So, I don't have any job place for now. I will have to search again for it.
  • my private life: I have lost bicycle. Stolen.

Report 2006-06-11

Content moved from gammu.org blog

  • spammers don't like us, we will not like spammers - I will try to avoid making gammu.org good place for spam. Some first results are visible.
  • Series 40 3rd edition is much different and I will have some work with it. Some comments:

Report 2006-06-05

Content moved from gammu.org blog

  • like Michal notified here Gammu tarball is bigger than 1 MB :-)
  • Michal wants to rewrite Wammu - read here about this project future
  • Gammu is more and more popular - I have aded few new links for projects, scripts, descriptions, etc.

Report 2006-05-21

Content moved from gammu.org blog

I would like to pronounce new MileStone release:

20060521 - 1.06.15
[+] new -smsname for --savesms
[+] partial support for decoding EMS text formatting
[+] 6170/7270 ID                                                      (unknown)
[+] Series 60 1 and 2 devices:
    * added compiled gnapplet 0.6.12 (and source 0.6.2)
    * new connection "bluerfgnapbus"/model "gnap" (stable) and new
      connection "irdagnapbus"/model "gnap" (experimental) for communication
    * implemented:
      * identification
      * getting phone time

Report 2006-05-17

Content moved from gammu.org blog

It's time to speak about short and long time roadmap for now:

  1. up to 10-15 June I have a lot of work for studies. I'm generally free after it. I'm sending my CV for many companies now, because in time June - September I have to work (I would like to do something connected with coding). I don't plan to drop development then. It can happen only, if I will not find work.

Report 2006-04-29

Content moved from gammu.org blog

Long weekend in Poland, a lot of time... I have finally found time to play with gammu.org and software.

First few words about site:

  • it's partially reorganized according to my vision. I have see also some efforts from other people about entering new content into wiki. This is good.

Report 2006-04-18

Content moved from gammu.org blog

  • 2 April - Gammu in Debian (hurray !)
  • 13 April - Gammu.net lost. There is registered Gammu.org instead
  • 18 April - Gammu 1.06.00 released. I have done many small steps inside:
    20060418 - 1.06.00
    [!] No more gammu.net. There is gammu.org instead. We release
        this version as 1.06.00, because we want force people to upgrade
        link
    [+] Some new texts in Polish localisation (Tomek Fizyk)
    [*] SMSD DB updated to version 6. There should be "real" UTF8 used now
    

I have problems with GPRS Online in my Nokia phone (Series 40, not Symbian)

In first Nokia phones with GPRS (like 8310, 6310, 6310i, 6510, 3510 and maybe some other) phone was able to display "G" char instead of char displayed below network level. It was clear, that phone is in continuous GPRS session and downloading some data won't be connected with starting new session (in many networks connected with new money for operator). If phone end GPRS session after leaving WAP browser or data connection (no "G" char), it had disabled continuous GPRS sessions (it was done for example after upgrading firmware in service). Simple "gammu --nokiasetphomenus" "repaired" it.

Pages

Subscribe to RSS - GSM